Today, it’s all about SKIN CARE! In case you didn’t know, I am obsessed with taking good care of my skin AND helping others with their skin care needs. Although my skin is far from perfect (no one’s skin is), here are 7 Skin Care Secrets that I follow to help me maintain a clear complexion.
7 Skin Care Secrets
- After cleansing with warm water, remember to splash cold water on your face (before applying any make-up). The warm water opens up your pores and allows them to get cleaned, and the cold water closes your pores so that the products won’t clog your pores.
- Change your bedsheets and bath towels frequently, especially your pillow cases (I suggest once a week). Bacteria and dust can accumulate and can cause your skin to break out or become irritated.
- Don’t touch your face. Did you know that the average person touches their face 16 times per waking hour?! Your hands have been everywhere and aren’t always properly cleaned. Also, try not to pick at blemishes or blackheads. It will only make them worse!
- Jojoba Oil and Grapseed Oil are great for dry AND oily skin. You can either apply it right onto your skin, or add a few drops to your moisturizer first. A great thing about these oils is that they won’t clog your pores, so you don’t need to worry about breaking out! Both of these oils help moisturize dry skin, AND they help oily skin in a good way. If you have oily skin, you don’t want to use products that dry out your skin, because oiliness is a reaction to skin that is too dry, which can cause you to break out. These oils help balance your skin out. I suggest applying these oils only at night since they can make your face look shiny.
- ALWAYS wash your face at night before going to bed! You’ve already been wearing your make-up for practically the entire day, and you’ve accumulated a lot of dirt and oil. If you are too tired [or lazy like me some nights], I recommend keeping a pack of make-up and dirt remover towelettes by your bed. I prefer the fragrance-free and oil-free ones since they are less irritating.
- Clean your phone at least once a week. Like your hands, your phone has been everywhere and has a lot of bacteria all over it. When you bring it up to your face, all of these germs touch your face and can cause breakouts as well. I suggest cleaning it with an alcohol pad.
- Drink lots of water. Mayo Clinic suggested an “8X8 Guideline” – 8 glasses, 8 ounces of water daily. If you don’t stay hydrated, your skin can look dry and wrinkled! It helps if you keep a bottle of water with your wherever you go so that you can stay hydrated throughout the day. Even those mini bottles can be tucked away in your bag (and like me, you probably carry a decent sized bag with your life in it).
Got any Secret Skin Care Tips of your own? Please share them in the comment box. I would love to know! =D