For this first make-up session, I had the pleasure of helping my friend prepare a look for her trip to Las Vegas. Since she doesn’t wear make-up on a regular basis, I tried to show her a look that would not only work for Vegas, but could also be worn everyday as well. I explained to her the different products I was using and how they helped achieve the final look (the functions / attributes of each individual product). On my friend are shades of purple with a soft smokey eye. Depending on how dramatic of a look you want, you can either lighten or darken the smokiness to your desired preference. Again, since my friend isn’t used to wearing a lot of make-up, I did a softer, more natural look on her without any false eyelashes.
Check out a quick video of our Make-Up Session! 😀
TIP: If you are going anywhere that you know you are going to sweat [and dance the night away], I suggest sticking with oil-free products, face primers, waterproof make-up, and matte foundation. Face primers help serve as a base for your make-up, helping it go on smoother and last longer. Oil-free products and matte foundation are important because they will help decrease any shininess on you face, especially the T-Zone area. [Perfect for candid shots on the dance floor!] The LAST thing you want is a sweaty face with make-up smearing all over the place. And another extremely important item to remember, WATERPROOF make-up. It doesn’t matter how cute raccoons are, raccoon eyes are NOT attractive. Waterproof eyeliner and mascara are the best products to wear because they are long-lasting and can withstand all the heat and sweat.
Products I used on her:
- smashbox PHOTO FINISH FOUNDATION PRIMER LIGHT
- MAKE UP FOREVER MAT VELVET+ Matifying Foundation
- e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer in Sheer
- NYX TRIO EYE SHADOW in Purple/Deep Purple/Prune
- URBAN DECAY Naked Palette (Creep)
- Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara in Black
- COVERGIRL LashExact Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
- smashbox BRONZE LIGHTS in SUNKISSED MATTE
- M.A.C. POWDER BLUSH in Blushbaby
- Lioele Artist Eyebrow Pencil in Gray Black
- Alessandra Clear Brow Gel